Photo Credit: © Pasquale Stalteri
The Optum Pro Cycling p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies Women’s team capped of two successful time trialist this past week with Jade Wilcoxson taking fourth and Brianna Walle taking seventh in the Amgen Tour of California Women’s Time Trial on Friday May 17th and Joelle Numainville taking second in the Chrono Gatineau on Monday, May 20th. Optum p/b KBS general manager Jacob Erker reports on the weeks actions.
Following an impressive performance for the Optum p/b KBS women in the UCI 1.1 ranked Grand Prix Cycliste Gatineau, where Joelle Numainville captured 2nd on the line and teammate Lauren Hall narrowly missed the podium herself, finishing 4th, the team lined up 4 riders to take on Canada’s Chrono Gatineau Time Trial. The 19.6km test followed much of the GP’s road race circuit so the riders knew where to put their maximum efforts in and the Optum p/b KBS squad delivered with 4 riders in the top 10.
Numainville once again led the charge grabbing 2nd from team alumni Carmen Small. Janel Holcomb who recently won a stage of the Tour of the Gila and then immediately followed that results with a very impressive 2nd in the time trial there at high altitude, was 4th while Lauren Hall had a very strong ride to take 5th. Denise Ramsden also placed herself in the top 10 with 9th on the day.
Following the Tour of California Time Trial, which ran concurrently with the GP Gatineau, where Jade Wilcoxson and Brianna Walle were 4th and 7th respectively, the team has high expectations in advance of the USPRO National Time Trial Championships in Chattanooga, TN. The American contingent will battle for the stars and stripes this weekend, while their Canadian counterparts will wait until their own championships in late June.
1. Carmen Small (USA) Specialized-lululemon 24:51.8
2. Joelle Numainville (Can) Optum p/b Kelly Benefits Strategies 28.00
3. Chantal Blaak (Ned) Team TIBCO to the Top 35.59
4. Janel Holcomb (USA) Optum p/b Kelly Benefits Strategies 39.29
5. Lauren Hall (USA) Optum p/b Kelly Benefits Strategies 45.72
6. Claudia Häusler (Ger) Team TIBCO to the Top 49.6
7. Shelley Olds (USA) Team TIBCO to the Top 58.13
8. Jamie Bookwatter (USA) Colavita Fine Cooking 1:03.2
9. Denise Ramsden (Can) Optum p/b Kelly Benefits Strategies 1:05.9
10. Lex Albrecht (Can) Now & Novatis 1:14.1
11. Stephanie Roorda (Can) GSD Gestion Kallisto Specialized p/b Mazda 1:15.9
12. Alizee Brien (Can) GSD Gestion Kallisto Specialized p/b Mazda 1:19.8
13. Catherine Dessureault (Can) Stevens Racing p/b the Cyclery 1:22.3
14. Laura Brown (Can) Colavita Fine Cooking 1:27.5
15. Katarzyna Pawlowska (Pol) GSD Gestion Kallisto Specialized p/b Mazda 1:37.7
Tour of California Women’s Time Trial
|1||Evelyn Stevens (USA) Specialized-lululemon||0:55:49|
|2||Alison Powers (USA) NOW and Novartis for MS||0:00:56|
|3||Kristin McGrath (USA) Exergy TWENTY16||0:01:24|
|4||Jade Wilcoxson (USA) Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies||0:03:02|
|5||Mara Abbott (USA) Exergy TWENTY16||0:03:09|
|6||Alison Tetrick (USA) Exergy TWENTY16||0:03:26|
|7||Brianna Walle (USA) Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies||0:03:52|
|8||Julie Dibens (GBr) Trek||0:03:59|
|9||Tayler Wiles (USA) Specialized-lululemon||0:04:01|
|10||Robin Farina (USA) NOW and Novartis for MS||0:04:10|